Weddings at Perry-Mansfield
Thank you for your interest in Perry-Mansfield for your special day. Located in beautiful Strawberry Park, and just minutes north of downtown Steamboat Springs, Perry-Mansfield is the oldest continuously operating performing arts school and camp in the country. We celebrated 100 years of programming in 2013.
Your rental fee includes the use of Steinberg Pavilion. Its fantastic mountain backdrop and rustic, elegant architecture offers the best of all worlds. There are three walls of floor-to-ceiling windows that let you have an “outdoor” celebration no matter what the weather. The Steinberg Pavilion can easily accommodate groups of up to 200 people. If you choose to have a seated function, the building will comfortably hold up to 150 people with room for a dance floor. The Steinberg Pavilion has approximately 2,200 sq. ft. on the main floor complimented with a 420 sq. ft. balcony. The flooring in the Pavilion is wood and is a sprung dance floor. There are two bathrooms on the main floor. Attached is a list of event/catering companies that have experience working here at Perry-Mansfield. Since there is no cooking kitchen onsite (just a service room,) you will find it convenient to work with a company that has presented events here in the past. There is ample room for a big tent just north of the building if additional covered space is required. Once you have booked your event weekend, your event planner will communicate directly with Perry-Mansfield, so please choose the company that you feel will represent your wishes.
If you choose an outdoor wedding ceremony, choose one of the wedding sites from the list below. Note that spring weather might prevent use of some areas — it’s Mud Season!
- Near Steinberg Pavilion – either behind to the north, or by the adjacent pond to the east. These choices work well for large groups and have easy access to the Pavilion bathrooms. Being close to the Pavilion allows for a quick location change should the weather turn for the worse. Power is available for a small sound system.
- Aspen Grove east of Sagebrush Cabin – our most popular choice for fall weddings and can easily accommodate 150 guests. Power is available for a small sound system. There is no permanent seating in the Aspen Grove, but your planner can easily set up chairs and anything else you may require.
- The Meadow/Pasture by Cabeen – can seat 60 guests, but has walkable access only. This is often used for western theme weddings. No power available. Not easily accessible for guests who require paved pathways.
- Skyline Hill – this site overlooks the valley and can accommodate 50 guests. This is an uphill hike. If you think you are interested in this location, we recommend that you visit the site in person. Bathrooms are not close; no power
- Grove by Louis Horst Studio – This site will work for a limited number of guests (up to 50). No permanent seating; restrooms are within walking distance, but not in the Studio itself.
Please be aware that the weather in Steamboat Springs is extremely unpredictable, so make sure that you have a back-up plan in case it starts to rain or snow on the day of your event.
Cabins for your guests
We are pleased to offer six cabins on the grounds for your overnight guests. These are rustic cabins nestled in the woods of Perry- Mansfield. Each one has a kitchen, and is furnished in log-cabin style. Total “pillows” available is 40, in a mixture of twin, full, queen, king and futon beds. A complete listing of each cabin’s capacity and layout is available at www.retreatia.com. Search for: Columbine, Spruce, Willow, Woodshack, Pine and Sagebrush.
Steamboat Springs Event Staffing
At Perry-Mansfeld, you must engage a professional event planner and / or caterer. Once you have contracted your date, your event planner or caterer will be your liaison with Perry-Mansfield. All of the professionals listed below know our campus well and have worked here successfully many times. We are so pleased to recommend them to you for your special event.